March 18, 2005
Another amazing sentencing week!
March continues to amaze me with one remarkable sentencing week after another. (Just some event of note from earlier this month are linked here and here.) In an effort to organize all the action, I link below just some of this week's highlights:
BOOKER DISTRICT COURT DEVELOPMENTS AND COMMENTARY
- Judge Presnell speaks on 5K after Booker
- Judge Goodwin speaks on Booker!
- Booker and crack/powder cocaine sentencing
- Latest, greatest, post-Booker sentencing statistics
BOOKER CIRCUIT COURT DEVELOPMENTS
- Fifth Circuit speaks directly to post-Booker standard of review
- More Sixth Circuit plain error remands
- Eighth Circuit also speaks on harmless error review
- Hughes is back (and better than ever?) in the Fourth Circuit
- Eighth Circuit finds downward departure sentence unreasonable
- Booker remand in the First Circuit
STATE BLAKELY DEVELOPMENTS AND COMMENTARY
- An insightful snapshot of Smylie
- Report on the NJ Blakely arguments
- More big Ohio Blakely news
- Insights on Shepard and its impact in California
CELEBRITY SENTENCING DEVELOPMENTS
- Rowland gets a year and a day
- Celebrity federal defendant update
- Another celebrity sentencing update
- What sentence should Bernie Ebbers get under Booker?
- What sentence should former Gov Rowland get under Booker?
March 18, 2005 at 05:11 PM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Another amazing sentencing week!: