July 15, 2005
An early week in review
I will be spending much of the workday Friday on the road going to and from a federal law seminar sponsored by the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Ohio. (I will be speaking about ... one guess ... Booker!) I expect a lot of federal prosecutors in the crowd, and I always learn a lot from the folks actually working on the ground with the system Booker has created. While I am away, the links below can enable catching up on another exciting sentencing week.
SCOTUS DEVELOPMENTS AND COMMENTARY
CONGRESSIONAL DEVELOPMENTS AND COMMENTARY
- What should be done about Sensenbrenner's letter?
- A plain error irony in Sensenbrenner's letters
- More buzz about Sensenbrenner letters
- More criticisms of Sensenbrenner's "oversight"
- Senate hearings on new habeas restrictions
DISTRICT COURT BOOKER DEVELOPMENTS AND COMMENTARY
CIRCUIT COURT BOOKER DEVELOPMENTS AND COMMENTARY
- Eighth Circuit finds huge sentence increase reasonable
- Another round on Levy from the 11th Circuit
- More than a sperm whale's worth of relevant conduct
- A plug for drug courts in 8th Circuit's Booker mania
STATE SENTENCING DEVELOPMENTS AND COMMENTARY
- Oregon's Blakely fix now law
- More on recent Oregon sentencing legislation
- State capital punishment developments and debates
OTHER SENTENCING DEVELOPMENTS AND COMMENTARY
- Happy Booker half-birthday!
- All about Apprendi
- FSR issue on Booker heading to press
- Booker and other fine coverage in the Harvard Law Bulletin
- Interesting 4th Circuit ruling on right to counsel
July 15, 2005 at 08:43 AM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference An early week in review: