August 1, 2005
Interesting start to the work week around the blogsphere
A quick late-afternoon tour of blogs has led me to a large number of sentencing-related items that merit noting and linking:
- White Collar Crim Prof Blog discusses the upcoming sentencings in high-profile white-collar cases involving Tyco defendants in state court and WorldCom defendants in federal court.
- The Supreme Court Nomination Blog here discusses John Roberts DC Circuit opinion in one noteworthy federal sentencing case. My own series of posts exploring how a Justice Roberts might impact the Supreme Court's criminal sentencing jurisprudence are all linked here.
- Grits for Breakfast thoughtfully examines at length here the challenges ex-offenders face finding employment.
- TalkLeft in this post takes a quick look at the private prison industry.
- Crim Prof Blog notes here an interesting new article on SSRN discussing Blakely and Crawford by Prof. Stephanos Bibas.
August 1, 2005 at 04:58 PM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Interesting start to the work week around the blogsphere: