March 10, 2006
A local perspective on Foster
This short piece in the Marietta Times entitled "New sentencing rule felt locally" provides additional local perspective on the possible impact of the Ohio Supreme Court's recent Foster ruling, which found Blakely applicable to Ohio's structured sentencing system and adopted a Booker-type remedy. Here is the article's lead: "Recent changes to Ohio's law, which call for the resentencing of hundreds of convicted felons, is expected to be a drag on local courts for some time, but lead to tougher penalties for some offenders."
Recent posts on Foster:
- Ohio applies Blakely and the Booker remedy!
- What is exactly the Blakely remedy in Ohio?
- A prosecutor's view on Foster
- A sentencing judge's view on Foster
- Fascinating Foster follow-up on Ohio sentencing reforms
- Ohio defenders seek reconsideration of Foster's retroactive application
March 10, 2006 at 03:20 AM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference A local perspective on Foster: