March 19, 2006
Reviewing a week dominated by Booker talk
As detailed below, when not focused on my NCAA bracket, my time this week was mostly occupied with all the Booker action taking place inside the Beltway.
BOOKER REPORT AND OTHER USSC DEVELOPMENTS AND COMMENTARY
- Sentencing Commission releases Booker report!
- Initial reflections on the USSC Booker report
- Editorial on USSC Booker report and reaction
- Interesting testimony at USSC hearing
- Where's the USSC's Booker report!?!?
BOOKER HOUSE HEARING DEVELOPMENTS AND COMMENTARY
- A viewer's guide to Booker House hearing
- Following the standard script at House hearing
- More reports from House Booker hearings
- Sensenbrenner takes the gloves off ... will the judiciary fight back?
- Quotes from Sensenbrenner press conference
- Updates on Booker hearings
- Let's get ready to Booker rumble...
STATE SENTENCING DEVELOPMENTS AND COMMENTARY
- California's sentencing and corrections woes
- Rhode Island considering reducing drug sentences
- Ohio AG response to reconsideration motion in Foster
- Foster's impact on plea bargains and appeals
OTHER NOTABLE SENTENCING DEVELOPMENTS AND COMMENTARY
- The federal litigation shock of Blakely and Booker
- Judge Presnell on crack/powder disparity
- Constitution Project releases report on sentencing reforms
- Why did Justice Alito withdraw from Sentencing Initiative?
March 19, 2006 at 06:00 PM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Reviewing a week dominated by Booker talk:
» Blog Round-Up- Monday, March 20th from SCOTUSblog
Here and here, Concurring Opinions has posts on Zacarias Moussaoui's new filing before Judge Brinkema. Also on Concurring Opinions is this post by Kaimipono D. Wenge titled, "Lawrence, FAIR, Scalia, and the "Homosexual Agenda" Here is Jack Balkin on th... [Read More]
Tracked on Mar 20, 2006 12:03:40 PM