May 1, 2006
So much death penalty coverage...
The start of a new work week brings a lot of articles and commentaries focused on the death penalty. Here is just an abridged list:
- This op-ed from the Baltimore Sun, "Deciding to kill."
- This piece from the Dallas Morning News, "Lethal injection challenges mount."
- This commentary from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Death penalty, science and sense."
- This commentary from the North Carolina News & Observer, "Death need not be kind."
- This article from U.S. News & World Report, "Pulling Back From The Brink: Why are death sentences and executions dropping?" (Companion piece: "A Long and Tortured History".)
- This story from the AP, "Top judge calls death penalty 'dysfunctional'"
In addition, Karl Keys at Capital Defense Weekly has great coverage of a lot of additional death penalty cases, stories and developments.
May 1, 2006 at 07:07 AM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference So much death penalty coverage...:
» 2nd week of Moussaoui deliberations begin from Unpartisan.com Political News and Blog Aggregator
Deliberations in the death penalty trial of Zacarias Moussaoui resumed for a second week Monday as j [Read More]
Tracked on May 1, 2006 1:18:43 PM