September 28, 2006
Blakely issues still not getting any respect
I often cannot help but complain that Blakely issues (and other criminal justice issues) do no get the attention and respect they deserve. And my dander is up again now that Supreme Court preview season is in high gear. SCOTUSblog has lots of previews assembled here; the linked items continue the trend I have noticed of all the previews giving short shrift to the criminal law issues — and especially the two big Blakely cases — on the docket. Oh well, you can always get your fill (and more) of SCOTUS Blakely coverage here.
Just a few of the hundreds of recent SCOTUS/Blakely posts:
- A criminal start to OT '06 for SCOTUS
- What do Justices Alito and Roberts think about bright lines?
- Getting excited for Cunningham
- Cunningham coverage category archive
- Supreme Court to take up Blakely retroactivity!
- Could they, would they, should they ... declare Blakely retroactive?
- Apprendi/Blakely Retroactivity category archive
September 28, 2006 at 06:21 PM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Blakely issues still not getting any respect: