September 25, 2006
Lots and lots of lethal headlines
As always, there is lots of media coverage and commentary on a variety of recent death penalty developments. Here is just a sample:
Lethal Injection Issues
- From the Daytona Beach News-Journal here, "Injection as lethal torture"
- From the San Jose Mercury News here "Death penalty goes on trial" and here, "Executions' constitutionality the focus of San Jose hearings"
- From the Virginian Pilot here, "Swift and painless or cruel and unusual?"
Other Death Penalty Issues
- From the Daytona Beach News-Journal here, "Justice random as a lightning bolt"
- From the Mail & Guardian here, "For eight minutes we sat there, waiting for him to die"
- From the San Antonia Express News here, "Shoddy lawyering can prove fatal in death row appeals"
- From the Wilkes Barre Times-Leader here, "Down on the death sentence? Law changes, attitude shift cut number of decisions"
September 25, 2006 at 07:20 AM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Lots and lots of lethal headlines: