November 20, 2006
Weekend highlights from the blogosphere
There are lots of interesting sentencing items to be found from weekend work around the blogosphere:
- Crime & Consequences discusses here a "retroactivity decision by the Nevada Supreme Court on Thursday could affect about half of the 83 murderers on Nevada's death row."
- Grits for Breakfast notes here that "a Republican state district judge in Houston this week called for Governor Perry and the Texas Legislature to reduce drug sentences."
- SCOTUSblog has here its list of petitions to watch for the Justices' Conference this week, and a number of the listed cases involve criminal justice issues.
- Corrections Sentencing discusses here the "real linkages between crime and incarceration."
- StandDown Texas Project discusses here a " major story in the coming issue of Texas Lawyer exploring a 65% decrease in death sentences in the state in the past decade."
November 20, 2006 at 06:59 AM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Weekend highlights from the blogosphere: