March 23, 2007
FSR Issue on Claiborne and Rita
I have finally put the finishing touches on the Federal Sentencing Reporter's latest issue, which is entitled "Claiborne & Rita: Reasonableness Review in the Supreme Court." As the title suggests, this issue of FSR is focused primarily on the two post-Booker cases now pending before the Court. Here's a review of the contents:
- Douglas A. Berman, Claiborne and Rita — Booker Clean-up or Continued Confusion?
ARTICLES ON POST-BOOKER SENTENCING
- Frank O. Bowman, III, "The Question Is Which Is to Be Master—That's All": Cunningham, Claiborne, Rita, and the Sixth Amendment Muddle (available via SSRN here)
- Nancy Gertner, Thoughts on Reasonableness
- Carissa Byrne Hessick & F. Andrew Hessick, Rita, Claiborne, and the Courts of Appeals' Attachment to the Sentencing Guidelines (available via SSRN here)
- Alexandra A.E. Shapiro & Nathan H. Seltzer, Guidelines or Higher: NYCDL's Study of Reasonableness Review Patterns Reveals the Courts of Appeals' Aversion to Parsimony
- Regina Stone-Harris, How to Vary from the Federal Sentencing Guidelines Without Being Reversed
ARTICLES ON BROADER GUIDELINE OPERATION
- Lynn D. Lu, Prosecutorial Discretion and Racial Disparities in Federal Sentencing: Some Views of Former U.S. Attorneys
- John F. Pfaff, The Vitality of Voluntary Guidelines in the Wake of Blakely v. Washington: An Empirical Assessment
- Frederick H. Weisberg & Kim S. Hunt, Voluntary Sentencing Guidelines in the District of Columbia: Results of the Pilot Program
Other recent FSR issues on Blakely, Booker and federal sentencing dynamics:
- FSR Issue 18.5: Toward Real Reform: The Constitution Project Recommendations; Model Federal Sentencing Guidelines
- FSR Issue 18.4: Sentencing at the Supreme Court
- FSR Issue 18.3: Taking Stock a Year after Booker
- FSR Issue 18.2: Defense Perspectives on the Post-Booker World
- FSR Issue 18.1: State of Blakely in the States
- FSR Issue 17.5: Is a Booker Fix Needed?
March 23, 2007 at 05:22 PM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference FSR Issue on Claiborne and Rita:
I posted a request for some assistance on a en bance hearing in the 8th Circuit ona matter of the "inevitable discovery doctrine" in a recent Concurrent opinion in; U.S. v. Craig Thomas, Appeal No. 06-2452.
Any one interested in responding?
Attorney at Law
Iowa City, Iowa 52240
Posted by: Frank Santiago | Apr 11, 2007 8:39:59 AM