October 20, 2008
Proceedings from USSC imprisonment alternatives symposium
I am very pleased to see that the US Sentencing Commission has now posted here on its website the proceedings of its big event this past summer examining incarceration alternatives. Here is how the USSC describes the event in its link to the proceedings:
On July 14-15, 2008, the United States Sentencing Commission held a national symposium on alternatives to incarceration in Washington, D.C. The purposes of this symposium were to gather information regarding the use of alternatives to incarceration and to provide a forum for idea-sharing concerning possible implementation of non-incarceration sanctions in the federal system.
The proceedings page has lots of interesting materials through this link to the CD of materials dIstributed at the symposium. Also, the transcript of the proceedings has the look of a formal publication that the USSC has produced. This publication is now must reading for any and everyone working on alternatives to incarceration.
Some recent related posts:
- US Sentencing Commission symposium on incarceration alternatives
- USSC press release about alternatives symposium
- A blog report on USSC alternatives symposium
- Another report from the USSC alternatives symposium
- Report that USSC is working on incarceration alternatives
- Washington Post notices USSC's look into incarceration alternatives
October 20, 2008 at 06:30 AM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Proceedings from USSC imprisonment alternatives symposium: