March 19, 2009
Dean Elana Kagan is now officially SG Kagan
The BLT has this report, titled "Kagan Confirmed as First Female Solicitor General." As I have suggested in prior posts,new SG Elana Kagan can and will have some say (and perhaps a significant role) in the shape and direction of DOJ's post-Booker litigation positions and other federal sentencing issues.
Some related posts:
- HLS Dean Elena Kagan to be nominated for US Solicitor General
- How much can and will the "tenth justice" influence sentencing jurisprudence?
- How a new administration is likely to impact federal sentencing practice
- Why federal sentencing reformers must focus on the USSC and lower courts
- Will AG Holder really lead a "new birth of freedom" in prison nation?
- More evidence Obama's DOJ is just not that into change in the criminal justice arena
- Lots of big (though really little) congressional sentencing activity
- Are we on the verge of a new changed era concerning federal sentencing law and policy?
March 19, 2009 at 08:29 PM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Dean Elana Kagan is now officially SG Kagan:
This is a waking nightmare for our nation.
Posted by: Supremacy Claus | Mar 19, 2009 9:37:51 PM