June 4, 2009
Interesting materials from the hearing surrounding impeachment of Judge Kent
Anyone following the sad saga of the crimes and punishment of former federal Judge Sam Kent will want to check out some of the materials linked at this House Judiciary website relating to yesterday's "Hearing to Consider Impeachment of Samuel B. Kent of the Southern District of Texas." Of particular note are the statements from the victims of Kent's sexual misconduct here and here.
Based on the victim's accounts of the crimes they endured, I continue to believe that federal prosecutors and the federal sentencing judge went much too easy on this repeat sexual offender.
Related posts on the Kent proceedings:
- Judge Kent takes a deal (and now becomes the latest, greatest topic for sentencing debate)
- "Is Kent getting off easy?"
- More questions and fall-out following Judge Kent's guilty plea
- Latest notable news surrounding former judge (now felon) Sam Kent
- Any predictions on former Judge Sam Kent's sentence? UPDATE: 33 months
- Latest news on impeachment process for former Judge Kent
June 4, 2009 at 05:48 PM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Interesting materials from the hearing surrounding impeachment of Judge Kent: